The Brimrose 3-port fiber optical switch system plays a major role in modern fiber optic telecommunication and sensing systems that demands high-reliability operation, response, and continuous high frequency switching.
The fiber optical switch is a powerful tool to switch an optical signal at nanosecond speed (200ns). The optical switch has two configurations: 1×2 or 2×1. The switch is bi-directional.
The optical switch consists of the all fiber optic switch device and corresponding driver packaged in a rack-mountable enclosure. The switching is done by an external TTL compatible low voltage signal.
For more detailed product information including the technical specification and driver information, please view the 2x1 fiber optical switch brochure.
- 3-Port Fiber Optically Pigtailed
- 1x2 and 2x1 Configurations
- Compact Size and Rack Mount
- Solid-state: No Moving Parts
- Nanosecond Speed Response: ~200 ns
- Low Insertion Loss
- Low Power Consumption
- High Reliability, Environmentally Stable
- 9/125 μm Single-Mode (SM) Fiber
- Custom Configurations Available
- Optical Add/Drop, Cross Connect, and Ring Protection
- System Monitoring
- Test & Measurement
- Telecommunication Applications
- Optical Component Network or Field Projects in Fiber Optics Sensing System
- OEM Designs